Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First UI Design


I created my own version of Tetris UI for iPhone. This was made for an art test at a video game studio. This is one of the first User Interfaces I've ever done.
Painted in Photoshop in only one day.  This was made back in March, but I couldn't post this until May. Tetris is a pretty ancient game so I went with that theme. I think Stone Henge frames it nicely. This is one of the first times I've used vignetting.

A previous draft is on the right. I personally like the paper texture, but it doesn't work in the design. The 'Next' block looks like a neon sign which is not good. The magic rune brushes are from www.obsidiandawn.com. Something I learned how to do on this project: Outer Glow under layer style.





I do not own Tetris, nor is this an official product of Tetris.
Tetris ® is owned by Tetris Holding.

No comments: